10.5.12

Sivert hoyem - Shadows




If I was to fall into shadows
don't you be afraid
not anymore

You see
all this don't concern me
and I'm not the same
as I was before

Oh love
closer to you
cut me from the branch
cut me from the root


The big light's on
tall shadows surround me
but like warm stones we sleep
descendants of the mother-tree
just you and me

On and on, a river-song
whispering in my bones
go back to your old ways
i'll make you whole

Dying rivers, singing streams
and dreaming of the rain
awake inside a leaden dream
you fall again, fall again, fall again

Poplar trees in the breeze
i'm blown out on a high plain
screaming in the early morn
a renegade freight train

Maybe there's another town
up around the bend waiting
a cool blue moorish sky
the forest moon already fading

The sun goes down
in a quiet seaside town
silently saying hello
staring the horizon down

Oh love
closer to you
cut me from the branch
cut me from the root

On and on to sandy shores
with the fading moon
where your dark haired love lies
you make her swoon

Far away the dying day
lies stretched out across the plain
paraders of the true cross

Return again
return again
return again


No comments: